Dr.cannabis

Hello everyone

15 posts in this topic

Good afternoon all,

My name is Dr. Cannabis.

And I'm a 30 year cultivator

With skills working with, in door, and out door cultivation If you have any questions plz feel free to ask and I will help to answer...

1 person likes this

Thanks for signing up and contributing Dr. Cannabis!  Once people start picking your brain for info I think you will be a star here on our network!

1 person likes this

I hope to start growing one day - probably not soon enough tho! I'm excited to start learning and will definitely be using this site's forums for reference!

Hello SageBear & thank you for joining our community!  We are just as excited about this new emerging industry in Ohio as you are.  Please feel free to ask any questions or ideas that you need answers to and make sure you spread the word of our new Ohio-based community.

OhioCannabis

Hi Dr. Cannabis, I'm currently 4 weeks into my first grow and was hoping I could get a couple pointers from an experienced grower, if you're still around.

1 person likes this

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have 

Growdoctor420@gmail.com

Do you mind if I ask you a few basic questions on here as well, in case others have the same questions?

Posted (edited)

For instance, what is your opinion on LED lights? I have a 4x4x7 tent and was considered getting an LED grow light. Do you have any personal experience with them?

Edited by Mister O
Grammar

Yes I have used them in the past,the only thing I have bad to say about them is,  it's best to start out with a good one or you start spending lots of money trying to find the right one for you...but other then that a good system will work good in that size tent...also get a light metering unit I use to have a problem with getting the growth out of LED's as a stand alone unit...but I have not used them in a couple of years...let me know if you need help with picking some out ..

Yeah I was considering getting a 1000 watt LED, a bit oversized, just be sure I was getting even lighting along the edge of the tent. 

Do you do any supercropping? I just started supercropping mine yesterday at about a month old. Did I do it to early?

Ha good to hear. My last question, for now, I'd like to take clones from one of my plants. Will any stem work or should I cut from the main stem? Also I've read all kinds of ways to get your cuts to root, one being just place it in water. Have you tried that method?

I like starting as close to the stock as you can , and yes I have tried just the plain water method it does not work as well as a good rooting gel or powder. My advice find a hydroponic Center where you can purchase rockwool cubes and a good cloning gel I use clonex myself i use a product called rapid root  then you need to put them in a terrarium....

What you want what you want to get real technical please feel free to send me a personal email or you may contact me at 740-398-0161 

Hey Doc, so it's a few days after supercropping and my strongest plant has had had significant growth after the spot I supercropped at. It's beginning to grow back up towards the lights though. Should I begin to tie it down and sort of guide that growth around the perimeter of the pot?

Yes, tie them! Also would love to see what your working with and know what the strain is..