BioOhio – Medical Cannabis in the Buckeye State
Join us June 18 to learn how Ohio is tackling the challenges and opportunities in medical cannabis. There is no business segment in the United States that is changing faster than the cannabis industry.
Meet and network with professionals, entrepreneurs, patients, healthcare providers, clinical experts, investors, and so many others engaged in the medical cannabis field.
Medical Cannabis TechÂ Showcase
In addition to the content being discussed by panelists at this event, BioOhio is seeking to gather innovators from around Ohio to present their technologies in the medical cannabis field. This will be an excellent opportunity for inventors to gain visibility and network.
Exhibitor rate: $300 (price includes 1 registration, table space, and name/logo visibility)
Exhibit at the Medical Cannabis Tech Showcase and lock in a 50% discount to exhibit at the Ohio Bioscience Expo!
8:00 am âÂ Registration, Breakfast, Networking & Medical Cannabis TechÂ Showcase
9:00 âÂ Introduction & Opening Remarks
- John F. Lewis Jr., President & CEO,Â BioOhio
- Jonathan Cachat, PhD., Director of Laboratory Sciences Program, Medical Cannabis Testing Lab,Â Hocking College;Â President & CEO,Â CCV Research
9:15 âÂ Fireside Chat, Keynote Speakers
This chat will address a multitude of fascinating topics including the history of MMJ, uses of MMJ, enforcement of current laws, and their status and impact for Ohioans.
- Moderated byRobert J. Kovey, Managing Partner,Â The Credo Company; Director of Government Relations,Â Signet
- Tim Johnson, Founder/President,Â Cannabis Safety First
- Thomas Rosenberger, Executive Director,Â National Cannabis Industry Association of Ohio
10:15 âÂ Patient & Physician Perspective
- Eva Costa, RN,Â Founder,Â Giving Earth Nutraceuticals
10:45 âÂ Networking Break and Medical Cannabis TechÂ Showcase
11:00 âÂ Ohioâs Cannabis Legal and Financial Impact & Update
Where we started and where we are today! Understanding the legal, financial and practical issues surrounding medical cannabis are a bit confusing but clarity is moving forward. Cannabis was considered a legal medicine in the U.S. from 1850 to 1942. Then, in 1937, President Roosevelt enacted the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, which made the prescription of cannabis illegal. A lot has changed and as today there are 29 legal medical marijuana states and the District of Columbia. This powerhouse panel will address Ohioâs current landscape.
- Thomas Haren, Attorney,Â Frantz Ward LLP
- Albert G. Lin, Partner,Â Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Additional speakers TBA
12:00 âÂ Cultivator, Processor & Dispensary Operations
What does a cultivator, processor, and dispensary look like and what is the operational model? These modern cannabis-related facilities are a hybrid of traditional agriculture, state-of-the-art laboratories, data centers, and clean rooms infused with modern consumer retail principles.
- Moderated byJonathan Cachat, Director of Laboratory Sciences Program, Medical Cannabis Testing Lab,Â Hocking College;Â President & CEO,Â CCV Research
- Caroline Henry, Vice President, Corporate Communications,Â
1:00 âÂ Networking Lunch and Medical Cannabis TechÂ Showcase