Cannabidiol – CBD – is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis, seizures, spasms, and other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.
Scientific and clinical research—much of it sponsored by the US government—underscores CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, depression, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrable neuroprotective and neurogenic effects, and its anti-cancer properties are currently being investigated at several academic research centers in the United States and elsewhere. Further evidence suggests that CBD is safe even at high doses.
Project CBD responds to inquiries from all over the world. Almost everyone wants to know where to get CBD-rich products and how to use them for maximum benefit. After decades in which only high-THC cannabis was available in North America and beyond, CBD-rich strains and products are now available to medical users.
“CBD-rich” versus “CBD dominant:” By “CBD-rich,” we mean a cannabis strain or product that has equal amounts of CBD and THC, or more CBD than THC (usually at least 4 percent CBD by dry weight.). By “CBD-dominant,” we mean strains or products that are CBD-rich but have very little THC content.
We will feature various articles & products here that we feel are the highest quality available and offer a broad range of applications.
4 Things to consider & understand about CBD
- The Oil.
- A recent study exposed the fact that many CBD oils are not labeled correctly. Look for third party lab results.
- Unrealistic Expectations.
- CBD is not a miracle oil. Expectations should be managed by your distributor as to what to expect.
- You weren’t taking the right amount.
- The majority of people need an average of 50mg daily to activate their Endo-Cannabinoid System and maintain homeostasis.
- You didn’t give it long enough.
- Only a small percentage of people see immediate results with CBD. For most people it takes 2-8 weeks of consistent use of a high quality oil and the proper serving size.