Find a Medical Marijuana Approved Doctor In Ohio Today!
As the Ohio Medical Marijuana Commission creates the laws & guidelines for Ohio physicians to follow, we will update this section with Doctors who approve of and prescribe medical cannabis. At this time the Ohio Medical Marijuana Physician Certification Program has not been released and therefore no doctors are able to write a true recommendation and prescribe it here in Ohio.
Talking to your Doctor about a Medical Marijuana Recommendation
The passage of HB523, Ohio’s medical Marijuana law, specifies that there is a bona fide relationship between the doctor and patient. This was added to prevent California style docs writing medical marijuana recommendations just for money. If you are interested and your medical condition is suitable, OPN strongly suggests you do the following:
- Gather up and organize all your medical records, including your current medications.
- Keep a master copy of your medical records, and always get a copy of any paperwork you sign.
- Gather credible information about your condition and the use of cannabis (AKA marijuana).
- Establish or have an ongoing relationship with a local doctor.
- Provide them with your records (if a new doctor).
- Leave your fear at home, your talk with your doctor is private.
- Be open and honest in your discussion.
- Discuss the benefits that cannabis has for your condition.
- Consider including your current methods of use (inhalation, sublingual, topical, ingestion etc.).
- Then bring up asking for a medical marijuana recommendation.
Note: “shopping” for a doctor to obtain a medical marijuana recommendation will not be like what you may have heard about California. Don’t expect to see advertisements for Medical Marijuana docs.
The OhioPatientsNetwork.org has a number of condition pamphlets and information on their website. As an example, here is a link to their chronic pain pdf found on their website: Condition Pamphlet Menu
Finally, do not wait for the law to become effective, start now.
Keep us informed & best wishes for your health,
Ohio Patient Network